Super Homes Pilot Scheme
In 2015 SOLA ltd were awarded the contract to complete works on the pilot scheme of “The Super homes Project 2015” in conjunction with the Tipperary Energy Agency. This project involved the upgrading of a number of homes all over Ireland with the necessary upgrade per individual home owners requirements i.e.
SOLA works included the supply & installation of
- PV Panels
- DCV – Heat Pumps
- Multi fuel Stoves
- Cavity Wall
- Internal wall Insulation
- Doors Replacement
- Lighting to LEDs
- Windows Upgrades
- Airtightness Proofing.
Funding for this project was attained for the SEAI and an AIB Financial Loan Scheme to enable homeowner’s retro fit their homes with the upgrades to reduce energy costs and increase the BER of the existing build.
Energy Upgrade Case Study
A complete range of home energy efficiency measures were installed to improve the buildings overall energy efficiency.
These measures included:
- Complete cavity wall insulation, bonded bead inserted into all cavity walls using KORE fill bonded bead insulation system.
- Installation of new attic insulation.
- The existing hot water cylinder was removed and replaced with a new heating cylinder of 250L with a low temperature coil, temperature control and associated electrical wiring.
- The existing cold water tank was lagged along with the feed and expansion tank. All pipe work lagged.
- New aluminium radiators with TRV valves were supplied and installed.
- Existing gas fires and heaters were disconnected and removed.
- The attic hatch was draft proofed.
- A complete Air-Tightness test was completed and all subsequent areas of leakage were draft proofed.
- A complete Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) system was supplied and installed.
- All existing vent covers, both internal and external were removed and replaced.
- A 2kW PV system using Phono Solar PV panels and pulsa micro invertor along with an immersion unit was supplied and installed. This measure included all associated wiring and correspondence with ESB networks.
- An 8.5kW Mitsubishi Electric Monobloc heat pump complete with a FTC5 controller, flow sensors, magnetic particle filter and a DHW sensor was supplied and installed.
- Also a Mitsubishi Electric energy monitoring package, Mel Cloud was supplied and installed.
On completion of the energy efficiency measures carried out on this building, its energy performance was significantly improved.
The BER rating of this premises was improved from a D2 to a B2.
The n50 (The n50 is how the air permeability rate is expressed in air changes per hour (ac/h) was improved from 5.89 ac/hr to 3.95 ac/hr.
The q50 (The q50 is an expression of the amount of air leakage in relation to the total exposed surface area and is expressed in m3/hr/m2) was improved from 7.16m3/hr/m2 to 4.81 m3/hr/m2.
Gallery of Upgrade Works Completed from Various Sites
Selection of Upgrade Works Results
10 good reasons to choose Aereco’s Demand Controlled Ventilation Systems