Heat Pump Grant
Great news from the SEAI as they have recently announced the introduction of a grant for heat pump systems. An attractive alternative to fossil fuel heating systems, offering lower costs and reduced carbon emissions.
The grant of €3,500 for the installation of an air to water heat pump will be open to applicants as soon as the middle of April.
Who Can Apply?
Applies to homes built and occupied before 2011.
All homeowners, including landlords, whose homes were built and occupied before 2011 can apply.
What is an Air Source Heat Pump
An air source heat pump sources energy from extracting the outdoor air in order to provide heating and hot water for your home throughout the entire year.
Advantages of Air Source Heat Pumps
- Dramatically lowers fuel bills, especially if you are using conventional electric heating
- Reduces your carbon footprint: by lowering your home’s carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- Provides space heating and hot water
- Little to no maintenance
- No drilling or disruptive ground work
- No large plot required
- Relatively quite
- Heat pumps are safe. There is no combustion involved
Please follow the link below for more information and if you feel like you are eligible and would like to apply in April.