Heat Pump Grant
Great news from the SEAI as they have recently announced the an increase of a grant for heat pump systems. An attractive alternative to fossil fuel heating systems, offering lower costs and reduced carbon emissions.
The grant of €6,500 for the installation of an air to water heat pump will be open to applicants as soon as the middle of April 2022.
Who Can Apply?
Applies to all homeowners, including landlords, whose homes were built and occupied before 2021 can apply. This is defined as the date your electricity meter was installed.
Before you apply
To qualify for a heat pump system grant your home must be well insulated and have low heat loss. This is to ensure your heat pump system performs well and your electricity bills are not too high. That is why we require a technical assessment to be carried out first.
Advantages of Air Source Heat Pumps
- Dramatically lowers fuel bills, especially if you are using conventional electric heating
- Reduces your carbon footprint: by lowering your home’s carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- Provides space heating and hot water
- Little to no maintenance
- No drilling or disruptive ground work
- No large plot required
- Relatively quite
- Heat pumps are safe. There is no combustion involved
Please follow the link below for more information and if you feel like you are eligible and would like to apply in April.
SEAI Application Process