If you are applying for an individual heat pump system grant you must engage an SEAI Registered Technical Advisor to carry out a technical assessment of your home. The Technical Advisor will ensure your home is suitable for a heat pump or provide independent guidance on measures necessary to ensure that the dwelling fabric heat loss is lowered to an acceptable level for a heat pump system to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Advisor must be listed on the SEAI Register of Technical Advisors
- €200 grant funding is available towards the cost of the assessment
- In the case of the One Stop Shop option your provider will arrange the assessment
Step 3 – Choose an SEAI Registered Contractor
Once you have decided on the best option you need to choose an SEAI Registered Contractor for the Heat Pump Individual Grant or a One Stop Shop Provider if you have selected a fully managed solution.
In order to qualify for grant funding contractors must be selected from those registered with SEAI.
Step 4 – Apply for your SEAI Grant
When applying for individual grants you must have grant approval before you commence work. Apply to SEAI for Home Energy Grant online on the SEAI website or by post.
- MPRN number from your electricity bill
- Completed Application Form – available on SEAI.ie
- Name of your SEAI Approved Contractor
If you apply through a One-Stop-Shop provider they will manage the grant application process for you.
Step 5 – Technical Design Services
Once your grant is approved your chosen SEAI registered installer will provide a full technical design and product specification for the installation of a heat pump into an existing domestic building. This design will be bespoke to each individual property.
Requirements to provide a bespoke design
- House plans including elevations and cut sections or adequate drawings / sketches showing all dimensions and room types
- Dwelling Report file (This will be provided by your Technical Advisor following the assessment)
- Listing of all radiator sizes and types so we can design flow rates to determine if they can be kept or if they need to be changed (if the dwelling has underfloor heating it is deemed to be suitable for heat pump application)
Step 6 – Get the Work Done
You have 8 months from the time of grant approval to complete the work on your home and return the paperwork. Work done before the grant approval date or after 8 months is not eligible.
– Work must be completed by an SEAI Registered Contractor
– You will need a post-works BER Assessment by a registered BER Assessor
– All paperwork must be signed and returned to SEAI
SEAI will make the grant payment in 4-6 weeks.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional grant support is available for other energy saving measures including heating controls upgrades, wall or attic insulation, solar PV or solar thermal and you can claim multiple grants as part of your home energy upgrade.