A Super Home is an energy efficient home that has applied all the cost effective energy measures. These measures include:
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels and/or heat pumps supplying heat and hot water
- Air tightness
- Advanced ventilation
Tipperary Energy Agency launched a pilot funding project in 2015 that aimed to deliver a deep retrofit for homes funded with a repayable loan and significant capital discounts. The project aim was to move away from shallow retrofit and test applications of whole house retrofit focusing on cost effective solutions. This type of retrofit was designed to significantly decrease Ireland’s carbon emissions from the domestic sector and is critical to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases.
Sola were involved in 52 Super Home Projects since 2016 with works resulting in dramatically reducing the supply of energy to meet the homes demand while also making these homes far more healthier and comfortable.
Involvement of Sola Energy Solutions
Sola is the main company carrying out works under the Super Homes project. We have been recognized for our expertise in the area and delivering projects in an efficient and timely manner.
Why should homeowners take part?
- 35%-95% grant available.
- Bring your home to an A3 BER or as near as is economically possible
- Implement all cost effective retrofit measures in one package
- A warm house, with healthy interior air (through excellent ventilation)
- Reduced colds, flues and respiratory illnesses
- A green, low carbon home that will be substantially cheaper to heat (aiming for 50% – 70% reduction in energy bills)
What are the eligible works?
- SuperHomes Ireland is open to houses built pre 2006
- Renewable Heating – Air Source Heat pump
- Advanced ventilation (heat recovery or demand controlled ventilation)
- Air Tightness
- Cavity wall, attic, flat roof and external wall insulation
- External Insulation
- Windows or energy saving glazing replacement
- Renewable Stove
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems
There are 3 minimum mandatory measures which must be implemented to qualify for financial support.
Minimum Mandatory Measures
- Renewable Primary heating system (Air Source Heat Pump)
- Advanced ventilation (Demand Control Ventilation)
- Air permeability reduction.
Process of Project for Homeowners
- Application – Super homes
- Technical Assessment – (Fee Apply – refundable if you take part)
- Technical and financial (quote) proposal
- Contract of works
- Completion Works and certification -Time Frames Apply
- If you wish to apply for the Super Homes Project please complete the online application form here